Saturday, November 12, 2016

Fraudster Cons American Voters with Support of GOP Doubt Machine

Dear American Voters,

I am working on a set of projects that might improve our ability to perform our civic duty and become more informed voters.  Later, we can debate positions. Now, we need to unite.  Whether or not you voted for Trump, it's time to recognize that he used his fluency with the media to manipulate the American people.  I WISH I could only point fingers at Trump voters, but liberals fell into similar patterns of skimming, clicking and scrolling through this election.

For now, the most important thing to recognize is that American voters elected a con artist.  There's no taking back your vote in a representative government with fair elections.  However, our constitutional writers designed this republic to function well in the face situations like these.  It is important to exercise your constitutional rights and communicate with your representatives in congress in addition to protesting.  Tell them what you expect them to do to protect your rights.

I am outraged at the fact that gender inequality still dominates much of the election discourse, but I am not surprised.  I am disgusted that so much hatred, racism and institutional inequality still dominates our local and global environments (this, my friends, is as much of an urban as rural problem), but I am not surprised.  It will be awhile before I have any energy left to educate my male peers about all of the things they are doing to silence women's voices on a daily basis.  Bill Maher, I love your show, but do not ask a woman her opinion only to talk over her.  Last night, I watched you and Thomas Friedman dominate the conversation about gender.

More on that later.  Right now, we need to pull together.  Kellyanne Conway suggests Obama should somehow silence protestors, but perhaps she needs to do more reading and less talking.  I do not think Kellyanne Conway (or President-Elect Trump for that matter) have appropriately grappled with constitutional law.  They must immediately stop using logical fallacies to advance their agendas.  I do not need to be disciplined by a statesman.  I voted for President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, but this is not a partisan resistance.  Frankly, I wish it were a partisan resistance.  How the President-Elect must wish it were.  However, I feel like I am obligated to contribute to fixing this because so many Americans have failed to perform basic due diligence before exercising their right to vote.  Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Apathetics, even a cursory examination of authoritarian regimes will reveal that you are all responsible for intervening in this or you eventually will learn to become more fluent readers of propaganda.

Let your representatives know that you expect them to defend the constitutional of the United States of America.  Let you state government know you expect them to defend your rights on a local level.  Tell your representatives that you expect them to demand and follow through with investigations into President-Elect Donald Trump's offshore accounts, fraudulent businesses and many conflicts of interests that inhibit his ability to function as an effective head of state.

If you are a Democrat, stop analyzing why Hillary Clinton lost this election.  If you are a Republican, stand up to your party.  Your party, in the name of your values, has played an important role in this disaster and you know it.  Politicians, if you continue to participate in politics as strategy, you will always see citizens as obstacles, and they will not appreciate it.  If you made a mistake in this election, do not defend it because you are afraid to look at the gravity of the error.

For my family members who voted for Trump, at some point, I would love to hear you apologize to the young girls in our family.  I am personally offended, but I am an adult.  Do you understand how disturbing and confusing it feels to hear that men in your own family do not take sexual assault seriously?  I do.  Again, I disagree with Bill Maher, if you are offended by a close friend or family member's behavior, go ahead and unfriend them.  Votes have real consequences and some Americans will feel those consequences more than others.

But we do not have to be friends to share a common goal.  We do not have to like each other, or agree with each other's politics to respond to this together.  The long game, I think, will involve teaching every individual a method for finding facts and making informed decisions.  Then, we will be able to agree to disagree. For now, wake up, read the constitution, and recognize that what you're seeing is a disaster.